Saturday, April 19, 2008

A Lesson from Little League

What a great game! We were down at the bottom of the sixth inning and came back to win it.

Unfortunately the coach from the other team didn't think the umpire made a good call and we were given the game.

I was amazed at the amount of anger one man can have over a coach pitch game. He yelled, threw his glove down, and stormed off the field. When the teams lined up to give the traditional "good game" and high five, many of their kids called our team "cheaters".

It is amazing to me how much influence we have on our children. How our poor or bad attitudes can be manifested in them without to much effort.

2 comments:

travis spencer said...

are you talking about my 4-year-old telling me he has to take a deuce? my influence can be scary at times...

Paul Walker said...

Our influence comes in so many ways. The scary thing for me is...my actions and attitudes influence my kids a lot more than I am aware of.

Man...if they become adults who love God and don't have to go to counseling on my behalf...I will feel like I have succeeded.